Application for Medical Research Grants 2018
Applications are called for Medical Research Grants. The Foundation has a focus on illnesses of veterans and their families.
Grants in all areas of basic and applied medical research will be considered. Diseases affacting veterans and their families are similar to those of the general community. One grant will be awarded to an appropriate application for research into mental health.
This year grants are being awarded up to the amount of $20,000.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to present their findings at a Foundation’s annual symposium.
- Preference is given to high quality applicants in the early stages of their career. NHMRC grants will be given priority.
- Preference is given to projects where relevance can be demonstrated to one or more Statements of Principles issued by the Repatriation Medical Authority (RMA). A brief statement in support of a link will suffice (please note: the list of relevant conditions is very broad and very similar to diseases of the general community).
RMA website: www.rma.gov.au.
- Grant recipients in 2017 will not be given a grant in 2018.
- Grants from scientists based in Victorian institutions will be considered.
- Completed applications should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and a hardcopy by mail to: Weary Dunlop Foundation
Sir Edward Dunlop Medical Research Foundation
Melbourne Brain Centre
245 Burgundy Street
Heidelberg, Victoria 3084
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 January 2018.
Application forms are available by phoning (03) 9035 7030 or email to Deborah Gillespie at: email@example.com